For the latest updates on COVID-19 (coronavirus), please click here
Thermal – KS-DSUP-400-SH Stand Up Pouch Machine
Dedicated shaped pouch machine or module for shaped applications. Designed in mind for converters looking for quick changeover applications for shaped pouches.
Compact, quick changeover pouch machine, designed for high performance production of:
- 2-side-seal SHAPED pouches (with/without zipper)
- 3-side-seal SHAPED pouches (with/without t zipper)
- Stand-up SHAPED pouches (with/without zipper)
Shaped Thomson die cutter standard
Machine Specification - KS-DSUP-400-SH
- Machine useful working width, mm (inches) 420mm (16.53”)
- Mother reel width, mm (inches) Max. 840mm (33.07”)
- Mother reel core int. diam, mm (inches) 76mm (3”) (optional 152mm - 6”)
- Mother reel ext. diam, mm (inches) 800mm (31,49”)
- Materials specs PET, ALU, PA laminated with PP or PE
- Material thickness, µ 55µ - 200µ
- Installed power, Kw 3ph + N, 400V, 50/60Hz – 42 Kw
- Air requirement, L/min 6Bar/90PSI 15L/min
- Area of installation (LxWxH), mm ~ 7500x2200x2200mm
- Mechanical speed / production speed, cpm 150cpm / ~ 140cpm
- Machine compliance CE (UL/CSA upon request)
- Pouch specifications
- Main features
Pouches that can be manufactured on the machine:
- Compact machine (short and narrow).
- Easy to use machine; easier for inexperienced operators to learn.
- Very low scrap rate during machine start-up. Machine has integrated ramp speed that is controllable through the HMI. This allows the machine to run at high speeds consistently after being setup at lower speed (reducing waste). Also, provides maximum film control when starting and stopping at high speeds.
- All stations are linked, in machine direction, to be moved all together according to printing or cutting position (provision to store station positioning settings in recipe).
- Machine equipped with independent servo motor for each film feed drive (standard is 3 servo system).
- One independent controlled servo for each sealing/cooling section
- Low maintenance requirements; easy access to all stations for maintenance.
- Initial reject discard function to prevent operator confusion with badly sealed pouches on start-up, film is discarded by double feeding for a selected distance after the cutter.
- Digital printing friendly, compliant to Industry 4.0, CE Certified (UL/ CSA upon request).
- Extremely compact machine not only in terms of dimensions, but also due to the limited amount of material (linear meters) in the machine bed.
- Increased productivity for all kind of jobs requiring shaped pouches, in particular liquid pouches.
- Low waste during startup/changeover.
- Easy to operate & control.
- Tool-less machine for fast changeovers.
- The machine with a very intuitive software and simple HMI. Once the distance between the various stations has been set (all stations are mounted on linear guides), the operator can move them all together at once for easy and quick setting in the right position, ready to initiate next job.
- All temperatures are controlled via the HMI touchscreen. Machine can store hundreds of preset recipes for quick changeovers.
- Splicing table for ease of operation during roll change, with integrated pneumatic film clamping system to maintain film tension throughout the machine
- Motor driven unwind with tension control to maintain constant tension throughout the unwind station.
- Ultrasonic edge guide system for smooth and consistent web tracking
- Nip rollers are servomotor driven and pneumatically adjustable for excellent film control as it passes through the machine. 3 Servo driven draw rollers.
- Machine has eye mark sensor for precise positioning of sealing and punching. Machine has linear potentiometer-controlled dancer arms in conjunction with the nip rollers to adjust for print repeat issues. This equates to very little movement and ability to help correct bad repeats for consistent pouch production.
- Pouch general tolerance ±1mm (length / width/height).