For the latest updates on COVID-19 (coronavirus), please click here
Thermal – KS-HSUP-400 Stand Up Pouch Machine
High Performance in line configuration, single or twin lane, designed for quick changeovers.
Compact, single lane, quick changeover pouch machine, designed for short/medium-run high performance production of:
- 2-side-seal pouches with/without zipper
- 3-side-seal pouches with/without zipper
- Stand-up pouches with/without zipper
Machine Specification - KS-HSUP-400
- Machine useful working width, mm (inches) 420mm (16.53”)
- Main reel width, mm (inches) Max. 840mm (33.07”)
- Main reel core int. diam, mm (inches) 76mm (3”) (optional 152mm - 6”)
- Main reel ext. diam, mm (inches) 800mm (31,49”)
- Materials specs PET, ALU, PA laminated with PP or PE
- Material thickness, µ 55µ - 200µ
- Installed power, Kw 3ph + N, 400V, 50/60Hz – 42 Kw
- Air requirement, L/min 6Bar/90PSI 15L/min
- Area of installation (LxWxH), mm ~ 11000x2000x2200mm
- Mechanical speed / production speed, cpm 200cpm
- Machine compliance CE (UL/CSA upon request)
- Pouch specifications
- Main features
Pouches that can be manufactured on the machine:
- Compact machine (short and narrow).
- Easy to machine to operate and control; since all the stations and modules are very accessible.
- Very low scrap rate during machine start-up. Machine has integrated ramp speed that is controllable through the HMI. This allows the machine to run at high speeds consistently after being setup at lower speed (reducing waste). Also, provides maximum film control when starting and stopping at high speeds.
- All stations are linked, in machine direction, to be moved all together according to printing or cutting position (provision to store station positioning settings in recipe).
- No maintenance flying knife (no-tool fast blade replacement); guillotine available as optional for paper pouches production.
- Machine equipped with independent servo motor for each film feed drive (standard is 3 servo system).
- One servo motor for longitudinal sealing/cooling section and one servo motor for cross sealing/cooling section; alternatively (as option on specific request) all stations can be independently servo controlled.
- Low maintenance requirements; easy access to all stations for maintenance.
- Initial reject discard function to prevent operator confusion with badly sealed pouches on start-up, film is discarded by double feeding for a selected distance after the cutter.
- Digital printing friendly, compliant to Industry 4.0, CE Certified (UL/ CSA upon request).
- Compact machine not only in terms of dimensions, but also due to the limited amount of material (linear meters) in the machine bed.
- Ease to use for new-in-the-job operators.
- Increased productivity especially for medium and long jobs.
- Reduced scrap rates during machine start-up, changeovers and roll changes.
- Machine with a very intuitive software and simple HMI (innovative set-up mode).
- All temperatures are controlled via the HMI touchscreen. Machine can store hundreds of preset recipes for quick changeovers.
- Tool-less machine: Replacing sealing and cooling dies does not require tools which allows for easy and fast job changeovers.
- Motor driven unwind with tension control to maintain constant tension throughout the unwind station.
- Ultrasonic edge guide system for smooth and consistent web tracking.
- Nip rollers are servomotor driven and pneumatically adjustable for excellent film control as it passes through the machine. 3 Servo driven draw rollers.
- Machine has eye mark sensor for precise positioning of sealing and punching. Machine has linear potentiometer-controlled dancer arms in conjunction with the nip rollers to adjust for print repeat issues. This equates to very little movement and ability to help correct bad repeats for consistent pouch production.
- Pouch general tolerance ±1mm (length/width/height).