Karlville to Host Facility Tour Before Global Pouch Forum
Karlville, a global leader in converting machinery and shrink sleeve applicators, will host a facility tour at its Miami Technology Center on June 13th as a prelude to the annual Packaging Strategies Global Pouch Forum (InterContinental Miami, June 12-15).
Karlville has hosted a facility tour for the past four years prior to each Global Pouch Forum. This year’s tour format will be different from previous years as it will be presented as an expo solution showcase. Karlville has partnered once again with HP, 3M and Dow, among other valuable supporters as event sponsors, who will share their latest flexible packaging innovations with tour attendees.
This year’s tour highlights include:
– ePac’s new Miami operation with focus on quick turn-around for the short-run digital flexible packaging market. ePac will showcase an HP Indigo 20000 press, Karlville solventless laminator, Karlville slitter, Karlville stand-up pouch making machine.
– HP and Karlville will be showing their latest solutions for digital flexible packaging, which include Pack Ready Lamination (Thermal Lamination Technology specific to HP Inks) and electron beam (packaging protection without lamination).
– Dow Chemicals will be featuring its RecycleReady Technology in HPP (High Pressure Processing), as well as its PacXpert solution, a cube-shaped stand-up pouch.
– HDG, German machine manufacturer of pouch filling solutions, will be showing their rotary turret system for pouch filling. The machine to be displayed may be integrated with a pouch former or premade pouch magazine.
– Widmann will be focusing its efforts in presenting their ultrasonic technology, specifically Ultrasonic pouch making.
– 3M will present its Pouch Multipack Technology, an end-of-line solution for pouch multipacks.
– Green Plant Miami, a toll processor of foods and beverages, will demonstrate pouches being processed using HPP equipment from Hiperbaric during the solutions showcase.
In addition to the tour on June 13th, Karlville will hold a Dow Day open house on Monday, June 11th,, emphasizing PacXpert and Recycle Ready technologies. Focus groups to introduce PacXpert solutions to South Florida distribution market and brand owners will offer hands-on experience demonstrating how PacXpert will impact cost and sustainability goals.
On Tuesday, June 12th, the HP North and South American sales team will provide training for flexible packaging in such areas as solvent-less lamination, thermal lamination, electron beam overprint varnishes, slitting, spouting, pouching and filling as well as firsthand steam and HPP processing of pouches. The classes offer and overview of the entire vertical machine solution for digitally printed pouches using an HP 20000 digital press.
The tour will not only provide great insight to new technologies but will be a great networking environment for discussing business opportunities, says Raul Matos, Karlville vice president.
To learn more visit our events page